Project 3 Exercise 2: 
Foreground, middle ground, background

I have chosen this view for this exercise. 

I can see a red post box in the foreground, a large conker tree in the middle and buildings and hedges in the background. 

I initially started this exercise with pencils, however I struggled to feel inspired. Having chosen a large A2 sheet, I felt a little daunted at covering a large area. 

I opted instead for crayons, and felt more confident I could fill the space this way: 


Drawing 1: 


Drawing 2: 



Reflections: 

I enjoyed this scene and I felt really comfortable with the crayons. 

As basic sketches, I can see the layers in the drawing, the foreground, middle ground and background. 

I was too afraid of adding any detail to the homes at the right of the tree as I was worried that I may over complicate the background and therefore draw too much attention to it. Definitely an area I need to research and think about.

However, to consider the visual layers of a viewpoint, this was really useful and a satisfying exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog