Exercise 1 - Groups of objects

As requested I started by collecting at least 6 items. 

All of mine were from the morning rush:  A tea cup and saucer with a tea spoon, a box of tea bags with an open lid, a sugar pot and a slice of toast on a plate with a knife, a jam jar. 



Working with ink and a stick and brown paper I wanted to capture as much detail of the shapes of these items as I could. I didn't want to fear making mistakes here so I decided to work quickly and spontaneously using big marks. 

I looked hard at the position of the objects and at their shapes. I took notice of smaller details too, like the sugar pot lid wasn't on properly so there is a small gap and the cardboard folds of the teabag box lid. 



Reflections: 

Brilliant! I really, really enjoyed this. I am really pleased with how easy and enjoyable creating these shapes were. Very ordinary objects became really interesting when marking our their shapes. 

Brown paper was very pleasing to work on too. As it was a rough sheet of paper, loosely torn around the edges so  I didn't feel intimidated by it. The ink settled on it really well too, it was think enough to absorb it. 

The marks felt great to create. I can see energy here as well as the shapes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog