Exercise 2 - Experimenting with Texture
I took a walk and selected four things that caught my eye, a conker, green weed, a rotting leaf and a piece of broken pottery.
I divided my page into four as requested.
For all four images I practiced frottage, however this was only successful with two - the broken pottery and the rotting leaf. I attached these texture to my drawings.
With ink I tried to capture them:
The green weed is pretty, fragile and delicate. I used a FB pencil and coloured crayon to capture this:
This broken piece is hard and sharp with blunt lines and edges. The broken surface is dimpled and rough, the frottage caught this. I used pencil and ink for my lines and a crayon to add colour.
The rotting leaf is wet and dark, yet still maintains its shape and the delicate lines that cover its surface. The frottage was successful here too.
Reflection:
It is rare that I stop and examine very normal. every day things are really look at their textures. The colours were rich and the lines. The most beautiful texture was the conker.
Frottage was very useful in seeing the texture of the leaf and broken pottery with more detail that my eyes could examine.
I took a walk and selected four things that caught my eye, a conker, green weed, a rotting leaf and a piece of broken pottery.
I divided my page into four as requested.
For all four images I practiced frottage, however this was only successful with two - the broken pottery and the rotting leaf. I attached these texture to my drawings.
The conker is very deep, rich dark brown. There are beautiful groves that run around the conker, all heading in the same direction.
With ink I tried to capture them:
The green weed is pretty, fragile and delicate. I used a FB pencil and coloured crayon to capture this:
This broken piece is hard and sharp with blunt lines and edges. The broken surface is dimpled and rough, the frottage caught this. I used pencil and ink for my lines and a crayon to add colour.
The rotting leaf is wet and dark, yet still maintains its shape and the delicate lines that cover its surface. The frottage was successful here too.
Reflection:
It is rare that I stop and examine very normal. every day things are really look at their textures. The colours were rich and the lines. The most beautiful texture was the conker.
Frottage was very useful in seeing the texture of the leaf and broken pottery with more detail that my eyes could examine.






Comments
Post a Comment