Project 4: Exercise 1 -
Quick sketches around the house
Sketch 1&2: Two different viewpoints of my living room space. The left hand drawing shows the fire place with a log burner. The right hand drawing is the window.
Note: The window really caught my imagination. It is full of vases, crammed together. it is such a small window however when I studied it, each piece together created its own character in a way. Full and lively.
Sketch 2 &3: Another two angles of the living room. The left hand drawing is the patio window. The right hand drawing looks straight ahead to the sofa.
Note: These two my least enjoyable sketches. There wasn't anything of great interest here. I found both of these viewpoints rather stale, however I didn't realise this until I was busy sketching them.
Sketch 4 & 5 : The left is the hallway looking straight towards the font door. The right drawing is my view into the kitchen whilst stood in the safe position but facing the opposite direction.
Note: The kitchen viewpoint is by far my favourite. It is interesting. Full of bits and bobs. A busy room full of life. I enjoyed the angels and the challenge of placing everything in a very rough but functional position. Working so quickly, I didn't redo anything I just went with the flow of the drawing. I was really pleased that I had managed to place each piece of the corner into the drawing. This sketch is crying out for a splash of colour I think.
Sketch 6: This is my view from the top of the staircase looking down.
Note: This was the most challenging of the viewpoints. I had to look a few times at how the stairs appeared. Wider at the top, smaller at the bottom. The angle of the banister to the left hand side was the trickiest part. I wanted it to look roughly realistic position. At the bottom of the stairs is the mirror, it directly reflects the staircase. I roughly touched on this, however this was a place of interest in itself.
This is the position I would study further, to see if I could get the angles correct and effectively imitate the reflection of the stairs in the mirror.
Sketch 7: My bedroom window. The angles of this room were tricky. I had to make sure the radiator ran in line with the window, and the window in line with the ceiling. This room is undecorated, exactly as it was when we moved into it. Yet it's the room that has the prettiest light. In fact you can see this light reflected on my sketchbook.
Note: The plant pots in the window were the most pleasing to capture, I really enjoyed plotting them in. I realised quite how much character they add to the space. The angles here were especially challenging here. Working without preconceptions has really worked in avoiding all anxiety of the problems that I faced. I didn't have time to think about them. I had no eraser. How it went is how it stayed.
Note: The plant pots in the window were the most pleasing to capture, I really enjoyed plotting them in. I realised quite how much character they add to the space. The angles here were especially challenging here. Working without preconceptions has really worked in avoiding all anxiety of the problems that I faced. I didn't have time to think about them. I had no eraser. How it went is how it stayed.





Comments
Post a Comment