Project 4 Exercise 2 - Angular perspective 

I look for an angle in the buildings in my village. I choose this viewpoint: 


I work with a pencil, fine black line and felt tip to start to understand this scene. 

I use the waste pipe visible on the far right of the building as a horizontal line to help base my lines. The black guttering pipes are also very useful horizontal lines that I mark into my drawing. There is a very beautiful stone and glass window between each of the guttering pipes. 

There are steps immediately in front of me and they are at a steep visual angle, the same angle as the pathway that runs to my horizon point. There are pots and plants positioned on these steps.  

At the top of this building, each element seems to be a different height to the other: 




Reflection:

This exercise felt like an incredible challenge. 

I really loved my viewpoint. I love the detail and the shadows and the detail of the building, on a positive this building may work for a candidate for me to work on further for my assignment. 

Visually studying the building helped me understand key elements that I should include. The guttering pipes were crucial horizontal lines that helped get me started. 

The angles were difficult to understand here and a far way off from being accurate. However I can see the the buildings moving into the distance in my drawing. 

The challenge here were the steepness of the angles that need further study. The building isn my sketch does move at an angle, but it is too subtle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog