Project 1 Exercise 1 -
Drawing fabric using line and tone
For this exercise I used a white shirt.
Five minute sketches:
Pencil on white paper.
15 minute sketch:
Reflection
Surprisingly challenging. During the 2 minute sketches my biggest challenge seemed to be losing my eye in the fabric creases. Drawing a white garment meant there was very little to focus on and each time I looked away, I seemed to struggle to find my place in the fabric again.
The 15 minute sketch allowed more time and so more focus on my part. To help keep my eye on the fabric I decided to use the buttons of the shirt to help as a guide. I also feel that by including the buttons, this gives the fabric a little character.
The fabric itself had much about it that I hadn't appreciated. Many lines, shadows and tones. Large peaks and low peaks, stitching in the fabric.
The pencil sketches were pleasing to do. However I am a little disappointed in the lack of energy in the sketches, they do appear a little flat. I will seek advice on how to create more in such a quick sketch.



Comments
Post a Comment