Project 3 Exercise 2 - Essential elements
10 minute sketches:
1.
2.
3.
4&5.
Reflection
I did feel stifled by the 10 minute limit on these sketches. Within the 10 minutes I was also unable to complete the whole figure in each sketch and must be able to work quickly and confidently moving forward.
I positioned my model in natural light however my sketches are unsuccessful in conveying this. I wonder whether my chosen media is a little too light and perhaps charcoal may have been a better choice to help me create the light.
Which drawing gives you the best sense of the pose and why?
Sketch 3. My lines are loose and fluid and therefore the sketch is stronger that the others. The arms are positioned behind the body which has come across successfully in this sketch.
I am also happy with the positioning and proportions of the breasts, moving onto the stomach, moving onto the genitals. There are successes in this sketch.
Was there any movement or gesture away from the model's central axis?
My model didn't undertake a movement away from the central axis, however I will come back to this.




Comments
Post a Comment