Project 3 Exercise 3 - Stance
Studies of the central axis of the body:
1.
2.
3.
4.
Reflection:
I asked my model to stand in a number of stances for 5 minute poses.
This was a very limited amount of time however I tried hard in these minutes to establish where I saw the central axis of the body. I looked closer at the spine in my quick pencil crayon sketches in sketch 4, where I tried to follow the spine. The spine is far from straight, with natural curve and movement. Even looking at the torso face on, you would expect the spine to be a straight line. however is it not.
My sketches are far from accurate, my eye perhaps was unable to collect as much as I could in the limited time, however I am pleased with the basics I was able to absorb. Despite my limitations at this point, I can see the central axis of the body in my model and I do understand through looking very closely at the body its significance in a sketch.




Comments
Post a Comment