Project 6 Exercise 1 - Facial features 


Sketchbook pages of facial features in pencil crayon: 





Head attempt: 


Reflection: 

Having enjoyed the freedom and experimental of charcoal, I have been unable to grasp more intricate detail with it and had adopted a rather clumsy look to facial features in previous drawings. I have found the use of pencil crayon pleasing and a more controlled way of drawing features. I have found I can be more precise and mark in very small details. 

I attempted to draw an entire head. My first attempt at this. The pencil crayon helped with control. The facial features are too big (again) and incorrectly placed. I must conquer continuing mistake and seek advice.  However there is work to be done overall and I can work on this. The left (to viewer) side of the face is the stronger side. The right the poorer. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog