Project 5 Exercise 1 - Single moving figure 


Sketchbook pages of single moving figure using black felt tip: 




Reflection

The figure here are in order of drawing. All figures are female. 

The first sketch of the jogger was successful. I can see a moving figure here highlighted in her arms and positioning of her legs especially. I also think this sketch looks like a figure running, so I am pleased with this result. 

The second and third figures are less successful. They do appear static and lack lustre. I think I let the third figure down with her arms and legs. I was drawing this figure from behind as she was walking away. As you can see, her arms and legs do not contain any movement at all and are far too straight and rigid. Lifeless. 

I am especially pleased with the second page however. I captured one lady with a rucksack on her back walking up some steps. She was looking down to the steps as she walked. This two minute sketch does very loosely describe the movement I saw. There was also movement in her hair which I too added to this sketch. I understand that finer detail such as the hair can help with describing movement. 

The fifth and last figure I also find pleasing. I used the least amount of marks in this sketch and felt a more confident at this point which I feel comes across in this small figure. I can see movement in her arms and buttocks. I did fail to draw in the feet correctly. Despite this though I am pleased with the simplicity of this final figure. 

The felt tip pen has proved an excellent medium for quick sketches. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog